Alto Fairways apartments are certified with Clean & Safe seal, issued by the Portuguese Tourism Board. For your safety, we have developed a complete and comprehensive plan applicable to Alto Fairways, which we detail below:
1. PREVENTION PROCEDURES
1.1 IN THE FACILITIES
1.1.1 Signaling and Information
· Ensure that customers are aware of and have access to this Internal Protocol on the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak. (Available on our website and delivered at check-in)
· Provide information on how to comply with basic precautions for infection prevention and control in relation to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
1.1.2 Hygiene plan
· Washing and disinfection, in accordance with this internal protocol, of the surfaces where employees and customers circulate, ensuring the control and prevention of infections and resistance to antimicrobials.
· Cleaning, several times a day, surfaces and objects in common use (including counters, light and elevator switches, door handles).
· Preference for wet cleaning, over dry cleaning and the use of vacuum cleaner.
· Renovation of air in rooms and closed spaces regularly.
· Cleaning products different by area. For example: the bucket and mop used in bathrooms, are not used in eating areas, or in other public spaces.
· For the floor, washing is performed with hot water and common detergent, followed by disinfection with a bleach solution diluted in water, several times a day.
· In the sanitary facilities, washing is performed several times a day with a product that contains detergent and disinfectant composition because it is easier to apply and disinfect.
· In areas where children may be playing, cleaning is reinforced several times a day.
1.1.3 Adequacy of the selected space for insulation
· Place to isolate people who can be detected as suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19, which should preferably have natural ventilation, or mechanical ventilation system, and have smooth and washable coverings, bathroom, stock of cleaning materials, surgical masks and disposable gloves, thermometer, autonomous waste container, waste bags, used clothes collection bags, kit with water and some non-perishable foods.
1.1.4 Adequacy of accommodation units
· Spacing of 24 hours (at least) between exits and entrances
· The definition of specific care for changing bed linen and cleaning in the rooms, privileging two spaced intervals and with adequate protection according to the internal protocol.
· Removing bed linen and towels without shaking or shaking them, rolling them outwards, without touching the body and transporting them directly to the washing machine.
· Bed linen / towels duly treated by an external company credited for this purpose
· Disinfection of TV controls between stays.
1.1.5 Hygiene equipment
· Dispensers of alcohol-based antiseptic solution or alcohol-based solution near the entry / exit points, and whenever applicable by floor, at the entrance to the restaurant, bar and common sanitary facilities.
· Liquid soap for hand washing and paper towels, in all sanitary facilities.
1.2 FOR EMPLOYEES
All Employees received information and specific internal training on:
· Internal protocol for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
· How to comply with basic infection prevention and control precautions for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, including the procedures:
o hand hygiene: wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has at least 70º of alcohol, covering all surfaces of the hands and rubbing them until they are dry.
o respiratory etiquette: cough or sneeze into the flexed forearm or use a tissue, which should then be immediately thrown away; hand hygiene always after coughing or sneezing and after blowing; avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth with your hands.
o social conduct: change the frequency and form of contact between workers and between them and customers, avoiding (when possible) close contact, handshakes, kisses, shared jobs, face-to-face meetings and food sharing, utensils , glasses and towels.
· How to comply with daily self-monitoring to assess fever, check for cough or difficulty breathing.
· How to comply with the guidelines of the Directorate-General for Health for cleaning surfaces and treating clothes in establishments.
1.2.2 Equipment - Personal protection
· Enough for all employees (depending on their role: mask, gloves, gown or apron, cap, shoe covers).
1.2.3 Designation of those responsible
· There is a collaborator responsible for triggering the procedures in case of suspected infection (accompanying the person with symptoms, providing the necessary assistance and contacting the national health service).
· Daily self-monitoring to assess fever, cough or difficulty breathing. Consider how to register.
· Behaviors to be adopted by the staff:
o keep the distance between employees and customers and avoid physical contact, including handshakes
o not entering and leaving the establishments with the establishment's uniform
o the excessive use of personal ornaments (bracelets, threads, rings, etc.) is not recommended
o Staggered meal breaks and schedules to avoid encounters in staff / dining areas
o Cleaning professionals are familiar with the products to be used (detergents and disinfectants), the precautions to be taken when handling, diluting and applying them in safe conditions, how to protect yourself during cleaning procedures and how to ensure good ventilation during cleaning and disinfection.
1.2.5 Stock of cleaning and sanitizing materials
· Stock of cleaning materials for single use proportional to the size of the project, including cleaning wipes for single use moistened with disinfectant, bleach and alcohol at 70º.
· Dispensers or refills of alcohol-based antiseptic solution or alcohol-based solution.
· Waste container with non-manual opening and plastic bag.
· Equipment or refills for hand washing with liquid soap and paper towels.
1.2.6 Scales / Shifts
· Definition of service schedules and / or shifts with a reduction in the simultaneous number of employees
· Definition of rules / phasing of acts of cleaning of accommodation units
1.3 FOR CUSTOMERS
1.3.1 Equipment - Personal protection
· Personal protective equipment (individual protective kits with mask and gloves) available to customers in case of need
· Placement of acrylics at the Reception and distance marks on the floor to protect everyone
· Check-in is preferably done online, streamlining the check-in process
· Possibility of daily cleaning only once a week, minimizing contact with the staff or providing towels and sheets for the customer to make the change.
· Disinfectant gel available in several areas.
· Use of a mask in closed spaces
· Limitation of maximum lift capacity
· Reorganizing public spaces to ensure the recommended social distance
· Disinfection of loungers by staff after each use
· Availability of liquid soap and paper towels in all public toilets
· Closure of playgrounds until new guidelines
· Raising awareness of the conscious use of beaches, respecting the recommended social distance and other DGS indications.
2. PROCEDURES IN CASE OF SUSPECTED INFECTION
2.1 ACTION PLAN
The responsible employee must accompany the suspect of infection to the isolation space, provide the necessary assistance and contact the National Health Service.
2.2 DECONTAMINATION OF THE INSULATION PLACE
· The decontamination of the isolation area whenever there are positive cases of infection and reinforcement of cleaning and disinfection whenever there are patients suspected of infection, especially on surfaces frequently handled and most used by the same, as indicated by the Directorate-General for Health.
· The storage of waste produced by patients suspected of infection in a plastic bag that, after being closed (eg with a clamp), segregated and sent to a licensed operator for the management of hospital waste with biological risk.
3. REGISTRATION OF ACTS / INCIDENTS
· Existence of a book for recording incidents with date / time / occurrence.